1. Identity and contact information:
This Privacy Notice is provided by James Ireland trading as James Ireland Photography Ltd (JIP) of Vanguard House, Mills Road, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 7NA. It covers your rights in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
This Privacy Notice also explains how JIP complies with the DPA, GDPR and PECR as well.
JIP is both the controller and a processor of all personal data collected.
Date this Notice was created: 23rd May 2018
Date this Notice was last modified: 23rd May 2018
2. Compliance declaration:
Both JIP and this website, www.jamesirelandphotography.co.uk, comply with the DPA, GDPR and PECR. The GDPR comes into effect on the 25th of May 2018. This Notice is updated whenever changes are made to relevant data protection legislation.
3. Your rights under the GDPR:
Under the GDPR, you have a number of different rights relating to your personal data and how it is processed. They are as follows:
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Right to access your personal data, and any supplementary information which constitutes personal data.
- Right to have your personal data rectified; this means you can ask me to correct your personal data if it changes, turns out to be inaccurate, or is incomplete.
- Right to have your personal data deleted; this means that you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data. There are some circumstances when you do not have this right.
- Right to restrict me processing your personal data.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to object to me processing your personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling.
Most of these Rights will apply to your personal data and how it is processed by JIP, but some (such as the right to data portability and rights related to automated decision making including profiling) are not relevant to this business at the time of writing.
4. The data I collect, how it is used and why:
Cookies and website visitor tracking:
When using this website, you have the choice to agree to or decline cookies. Cookies are small files installed on your browser device that allow websites like this, and many others, to find out more about your browsing behaviour. For JIP, the purpose of using cookies is to better understand visitor demographics to this website so that improvements can be made, as well as informing future marketing and sales strategies.
Client contact information:
I use personal data, provided directly and voluntarily to me by clients, in order for me to carry out my contractual obligations. This means that it’s information needed for me to do my job. This personal data includes: names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and further information which I need to complete your photography requirements.
Email addresses for gallery login:
To deliver images to clients, I make use of a gallery and proofing service: Pixieset Media Inc. When clients share their galleries with friends and family, they will need to enter their own email address to gain access to Pixieset, with the email address acting as a login. This allows users to create favourite lists, leave comments on photographs and also share images effectively. For further information about how Pixieset collects and processes personal data please visit the Pixieset website.
5. Sharing information with third parties:
Other than those third parties mentioned in this Privacy Notice, JIP shall not pass your personal data to any third party.
Your personal data may, subject to my obligations to comply with data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
- Pixieset Media Inc., as further described above.
- ‘Second Photographers’ or ‘Assistants’ who work under JIP and need information to be able to do their job.
- Having taken precautions to maintain the security of such personal data, I may in certain circumstances share personal data with the ICO, and other legal, regulatory and law enforcement bodies.
I may also share your personal data with third party media businesses for the purposes of marketing my services and running a profitable business. These third party businesses may include; wedding magazines/publications, wedding/bridal websites, social media sites, or other outlets, with the aim of raising public awareness of my business.
6. Security, storage and data retention:
JIP retains full details of your personal data for as long as it takes to complete your photography requirements. I will delete your personal data two years after completion of your photography requirements. If you would like me to delete your personal data before this time, you have the right to request me to do so.
7. Your consent:
By using this site and/or engaging me on my Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by this Notice.
8. Your right to withdraw consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent to be bound by this Notice at any time. If you wish to do so, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page. You also have the right, as set out above, to withdraw your consent to JIP processing your personal data.
9. Your right to lodge a complaint:
As well as the right to withdraw consent and exercise any of the above rights mentioned under ‘Your rights under the GDPR’, you also have the right to raise a complaint with a regulatory body. In the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you have concerns about the way your data is being processed by an organisation, you can find out more here.